Wednesday, July 3, 2013

5 Minute Summer Makeup Routine

Sometimes it can be a challenge to wear makeup in the hot summer heat, so if you want to "beat the heat" just remember to do a light, natural application.  I like to keep it simple and easy with a 5-minute makeup routine.  Here are some of my favorite products I use in the summer for a quick and easy natural makeup look.

Tinted Moisturizer:
I always make sure I wear a foundation with SPF in the summer. Sometimes I like to double up and wear it under my makeup as well. However, in the summer I love to supplement my foundation for a tinted moisturizer- because it is all in one- my moisturizer, foundation and SPF!  It is probably the one product I use the most of in the summer time!  My favorite is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20. It is light, and super hydrating with a sheer hint of color.  What I love most about this product is the light finish. This products looks like your natural complexion, you can barley tell you have any makeup on at all!

Blush:
I have always been a huge fan of Orgasm Blush by Nars.  But in the summer time my new favorite has been Benefit Blush in Dandelion.  What I like about this powder is the hint sheer, radiant, shimmer finish it leaves, it skips the extra step of having to apply a highlighter to the cheekbones.  You can apply this product either apply it to the cheeks as a soft blush or dust it all over the face as a brightening finishing powder.
               


Eyeshadow:
My go-to eyeshadows to use in the summer are cream shadows.  My favorite are the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadows.  Copper colors are great for all over lid colors for the perfect summer smoky look!  They are long-wearing and smudge free.
I apply them with a cream shadow brush then blend with my fingertips.
     


Waterproof Mascara:
My ultimate FAVORITE waterproof mascara is Lancome Hypnôse Drama Waterproof Mascara.  One reason why I love this mascara is the volume it gives my lashes!  You see a difference in one single coat, it's amazing!


Lip:
I LOVE a bright lip for summer!  I am tied between 2 favorites for summer- Laura Mercier HydraTint SPF 15 and Tarte glamazon pure performance 12-hour lipstick.  The HydraTint is a multi-purpose lip balm with long-lasting moisture and an SPF protection.  The Tarte pure performance lipstick is super rich and hydrating and is also long-wearing with a smooth finish that won't fade away.
 





Soph

No comments:

Post a Comment